Saturday 9 March 2013

The year of Coastal Knits - and some BT

I want to focus my attention.  My knitting represents the creative outlet of my life, but also reflects a bit of my wandering attention.  I like to be inspired, buy a lot of magazines and books, and then drift from one to the next in a bit of an indecisive way - like a bee hovering over flowers, not sure which one to land on.  My solution is to spend time this year knitting the projects in Coastal Knits:
Source:  coastal knits


I bought the book a year ago (or so) and love almost all of the patterns.... I love all of them, but am pretty sure I will knit 9 of the 10.  Not sure the stole will make it to completion.  Lots of yarn at fingering weight for an accessory. 

I will start my first pattern in a week or so - the hat.  I'm also going to knit a few things from Brooklyn Tweed

 
 
First up will be Inversion, a KAL with my dearest friend Carolanne.  She's a quilter/artist with all things fibre and fabric.  The pattern was a gift from her, and we plan to carve out time in our busy lives to knit this at the same time.  Photos of the projects and yarn to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment