Sunday 13 April 2014

springtime colour - turquoise

I've done it again - shopped for yarn while I have a stash and queue full!  Went to my LYS and found a window of blue yarns and a shawl.  Inside, lots of displays of cottons, silks, and lighter-weight yarns.  Made me feel like abandoning my bulky wool pullover right away!  I've had my eye on the cover pattern of the latest Vogue Knitting for a while - like the mesh, the length, and the style of it:
I decided on Berroco Weekend DK (cotton and acrylic blend) in the Turquoise colourway:
Photo needs tweaking.  Skein photo from http://www.berroco.com/yarns/berroco-weekend-dk.  I love the shade and the smooth texture of the yarn.  Should be fun to work on! 
 


I also have my turquoise Paloma in the queue, so next two projects will be in the blues.  The Pantone Spring 2014 color card includes a Placid Blue (under the sketch of the woman) that is fairly close to my yarn colour.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment