Tuesday 13 May 2014

Meet Veronique! 5KCBWDAY2

5KCBWDAY2 Dating Profile Write a dating profile for one of your past finished projects. Bonjour!  Je m'appelle Veronique.  I am a French Girl, knit from the book by Kristeen Griffen-Grimes.  I have been in my current form since 2012 but I admit it took 6 months of hard work to become this version of myself. I'm soft and sheer, made from 70% alpaca and 30% silk by Classic Elite.  My edges tend to roll a bit, but I don't mind the casual edge to an otherwise sophisticated shape.  I curve over the shoulders, and my sleeves are long enough to keep you warm but short enough to suit a summery style.
 My main love is travel.  I have travelled across the Atlantic Ocean on a cruise ship... an opportunity of a lifetime as I ventured through the Mediterranean Sea and up the Bosphorus Strait to the Ukraine.  I was worn mostly in the evening over a cocktail dress or evening wear.  I admit the trip was an adventure of a lifetime for my owner (this knitter's mother).  I was ready for a long nap once I returned from the 66 day cruise, but came out for a trip up the Panama Canal a year later!   I look fabulous over dark colours, or bright colours, but admit white and creams make me (and my wearer) look washed out.  I'm not quite casual enough for a t-shirt and jeans... and admit I'm much happier dressed up than dressed down!

My owner is living the life she always dreamed of, one she worked diligently to save for over her working years.  She's travelling to far-off destinations with the knitter's dad, and I hope for another 10 years of travel adventures!

PS.  The back view is my best angle, if I do say so myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment