Saturday 6 December 2014

knit the look - big black cable beanie

I've become obsessed with the "Knit the Look" feature over at Fringe Association (also the home of the #FringeandFriendsknitalong - the Amanda cardigan).  Karen follows Vanessa Jackman's fashion blog and posts knitting patterns inspired by the fashion.  I finally dove in with a project from 2013 post:  http://fringeassociation.com/2013/02/12/knit-the-look-jemma-baines-big-black-cable-beanie/
I used a super-bulky yarn, but not the suggested Magnum which sells for $25 a skein.  My hat is knit with Berroco Peruvia Quick.  I love it, and it fits just like the one in the post.  Modelled here on a wig stand (glass one) it's hard to tell, but trust me it does!
This was a two-hour knit, so you too can go for it and "Knit the Look"!

No comments:

Post a Comment