Friday 12 February 2016

yarn challenge 2016

My LYS hosts a Yarn Challenge every year.  This is the 8th one, I participated in all but the 8th.  I am reminded each year of the projects I've made and the pleasure I have in seeing my work in the store window for a brief time!  I never win - usually it's something more unique or creative than what I manage to make - but the fun of joining in is the real prize.  Past projects:

A baby sweater in Mission Falls 1824

Legwarmers in Cascade 220

A striped Romi in Berroco Weekend (Berroco photo - mine was given away as it was not a good fit)

Hat and fingerless mitts in Cascade 220 Superwash Sport

Snoflinga hat in Briggs and Little Regal - red and white for the Vancouver Olympics

Tanager Shrug in Estelle Eco Andean DK

Of all of the projects, the shrug is the one that I wear most.  Most were gifts, planned for others from the start, but this one was knit for me.

This year's kit includes 3 colours of Diamond Luxury Tradition, a wool/acrylic/nylon blend.  I have a pattern picked, started last night, and am giving a new skill a try - intarsia.  I have until March 4 to get it done, so I'll have another entry in the shop window this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment