Monday 21 November 2016

stash plans once the gifting is done

I'm knitting gifts until mid-December.  Then, I'm knitting up my stash using my Botanical Knits book.  I have plans for almost all of the patterns in the book, and have already knit one, my Twin Leaf Loop:
Up next I have yarn for 2 sweaters and the rest of the accessories (minus the socks - I can't knit tightly enough to get gauge for socks in sock weight yarn):






Think I'll start with the accessories while I finish my Sambuca sweater since it will be cozy and warm for winter and I'm (just) on the body now, having finished the raglan shaping.  I'm determined to knit them within the year.  I love the patterns, love the yarn I have, and need to take action!  All of the patterns have unique elements, so I'm excited to get going.  Think Oak Trail will be first as the construction interests me, and I love the yarn I have for it.  Now, off to knit another hat for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Oak Trail especially caught my eye too - it looks so interesting and original. Pressed leaves look interesting too for someone like me who rarely knits. I admire your organisation, knowing exactly what you have and what you are going to do with it and when.
    I'm sure you will have a worry-free, organised Christmas!
    Enjoy the holiday season and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of knitting plans - now I just need to carve out more time to knit! Hope you have time during this busy season to relax and enjoy the season too!

      Delete