Thursday 9 March 2017

my own 'march madness'... on the needles

I have finished one of my short row projects:  Mrs. Watson. 
I'm very happy with the finished project, and the Ultra Alpaca Light is wonderful to knit up.  The shawl is on the small side, so I'll need a pin to keep it in place.  I wore it one day and had to fiddle all day to keep it wrapped. 

My other projects languish as I continue to be distracted by new ideas, new accessories, and the inability to focus on finishing anything bigger than a mitten.  My sweaters are also not portable, and I have been out more than home lately.  March Break (Spring Break - a week off school) means that I will have time at home.  I'm determined to finish or make significant headway with my projects that are still on the needles.  Many have appeared here before, some months or even years ago.  One, the long vest, has been on hold for so long I forget what needle I used for the parts that are done (note to self:  enter the needle size on Ravelry!).  To be done: 




All are in various stages, so I will knit away for the next 10 days, starting this weekend, and aim to finish the Sambuca and the Long Vest, and finish at least one of the Vanishing Point mitts.  I hope to start one of the Clio Sleeves, and perhaps knit a bit more of the Spring tee body.  Ambitious, perhaps, but I need to finish things (literally and figuratively) as I feel I'm starting lots and making little progress.  This is true for lots of areas of life right now, but I can control the knitting if nothing else!

I also have a mystery project on the go for my LYS' annual Yarn Challenge.  More to come on that once it's in the store window! 


4 comments:

  1. I thought it was funny that your blog entry is called March Madness. In Adelaide (South Australia) right now it is festival season - the city is buzzing with non-stop events and entertainment right through until Easter. The locals call it "Mad March" because it truly is with arts, sports and so much more going on.

    As for much going on: Wow! That's you! How do you keep track of so many projects at once? I love the pattern on your shawl. Beautiful! You will find a way to wear it, not to worry! Wishing you lots of progress during your March break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed the "march madness" from the US College Basketball tournament that happens right now. I admit I had to 'reswatch' for my long vest, as I forget what size of needle I used for the back and left front! Need to put the needle in Ravelry next time!

      Delete
  2. Love that Mrs Watson shawl, it looks so good! And all your WIPs, you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just finished a second Mrs. Watson for my LYS annual Yarn Challenge. It's in an entirely different yarn (same weight, different fibre) so it turned out a little differently. Photos to come!

      Delete