Thursday 14 December 2017

cold and bright


The lovely people at Berroco Yarns have send me a package:

This prize includes enough yarn to knit Amy Christoffer's Bindrune from PomPom Quarterly Winter 2017 issue.  I selected a light gray for the body, a camel colour for the background colourwork, and the garnet red for the contrast colour.  I love the cozy look of the sweater, and think I can dress it up or down.  This will be one of my Christmas holiday projects - hope to finish it by January 8th (first day back to school)


The package includes the PomPom Quarterly issue, so I now have other brightly coloured projects in mind for the short and cold winter days:

Dipyramid, a two-colour stranded hat in DK weight yarn by Emily Green (above), and Orianna (below), a pullover that combines cables and colourwork.


All of the patterns are knit in soft, yet bright, colour combinations.  I hope to finish the cardigan and hat over the 2-week holiday break.  The pullover may have to wait... as I dream of spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment