Friday 16 February 2018

Nuuk- start to finish

I chose this sweater because it's simple, easy to layer, and looks so wearable on the cover of Laine Magazine.
Yarn is Cascade 220, a workhorse yarn that is always predictable for me.  Gauge is always 18 stitches, 24 rows with 4mm needles.  I get a sturdy fabric with a bit of drape, and have used it for other projects (like my Amanda cardigan). 

I love the finished product with the twisted ribbing at the edges - just enough definition to be interesting but still keep the simple style of the garment.  I like the ease (about 3 inches upper bust, 1 inch full bust) and added about 3 inches to the length of the body.   I also added an inch to the sleeves before knitting the ribbing.



It fits exactly as I planned, and was well written.  Already looking ahead to what I'll knit next from Laine.

No comments:

Post a Comment